WHERE DO I BEGIN? RESEARCHING, STRUCTURING AND WRITING COURSEWORK ASSIGNMENTS
ABOUT THE SESSION
Using his experience as a lifelong learner, a professional trainer, a university lecturer and Dean of Faculty, Jeff Heasman delivers this practical and interactive webinar aimed at candidates studying towards CII and PFS qualifications that include a coursework element. With no tutor support and having to complete coursework assignments alongside a hectic professional life, this webinar teaches candidates key study skills to help them get started with their assignments and ensure they write the best possible submission. We will look at the following areas:
- Planning and researching coursework assignments.
- Structuring assignments and using appropriate language throughout.
- Including evidence in an assignment in a structured and easy to read format.
- Properly referencing sources and avoid plagiarism.
- Answering assignment questions in a way that evidences critical thinking and analysis.
- How to answer case studies in a clear and structured way.
By the end of the session, participants will be able to:
Identify key study skills that will aid their research and writing of assignments.
Understand how to evidence learning, structure assignments and avoid plagiarism.
Implement a strategy to produce the best possible assignment in the least amount of time.
Session Length: 3 hours