Insurance Upskill delivers customised negotiation courses for the global insurance industry. These courses, ranging from 1 to 12 hours, depending on your needs, cover theoretical and practical strategies, to enhance participants’ skills so negotiation is undertaken with success and without fear. Our customised courses are designed to meet the challenges faced by underwriters, brokers, and claims handlers.
Our bespoke negotiation skills courses are facilitated by Jeff Heasman, a leading expert in negotiation in the global insurance industry. Jeff graduated top of the class from the Yale School of Management executive education programme in negotiation strategies, achieving 100% across all modules.
Our courses are designed to be delivered online or face-to-face. Our courses range from one-hour topic-specific courses, through to complex tailor-made 12-hour sessions, including:
- preparing for negotiation.
- obtaining and sharing information prior to and during the negotiation.
- communication strategies.
- preparing proposals/offers.
- handling objections/counter offers.
- creating & claiming value in a negotiation.
- how to close a deal or walk away on good terms.
Examples of specialised courses delivered include:
- courses for insurance professionals in the Asia-Pacific. region who need to learn how to negotiate with the London market.
- 1:1 coaching for a P&I Cub underwriter which leads to training for the rest of the team based in London.